Online marketing comprises of methodologies used to promote products and services through the internet and includes a wide range of marketing elements than traditional business marketing does not have.
Online marketing can deliver benefits such as:
- Growth in potential
- Reduced expenses
- Better control
- Improved customer service
- Greater audience
- Competitive advantage
Online marketing is also known as internet marketing, web marketing, digital marketing and search engine marketing ( SEM ) Effective online marketing programs leverage consumer data and connects organizations with qualified potential customers and takes business development to a much higher level. Online marketing combines the internet’s technical aspects, including design, development, sales and advertising, while focusing on the following business models:
- Lead-based websites
- Affiliate marketing
- Local search
Online marketing has several advantages, including:
- Lower costs: Large audiences are reachable at a lower cost than traditional advertising
- Flexibility and convenience: Consumers may research and purchase products and services at their leisure.
- Analytics: Efficient statistical results available without extra costs.
- Multiple options: Advertising tools include pay-per-click advertising, email marketing and local search integration ( like Google Maps ).
- Demographic targeting: Consumers can be targeted demographically more effectively in an online rather than an offline process.